Forgive them, they know not what they do...
I can't shop at Whole Foods anymore.
Unfortunate, really, because I like their produce.
But, you see, last night while I was attending a religious service for a holy day they towed my car.
In their defense, I was parked in a parking lot owned by Whole Foods.
(here comes the infamous "yeah, but still" argument)
Yeah, but still...
The church adjacent to that parking lot has been there decades longer than the Whole Foods. And it used to be a public parking lot. And it was after business hours. And there were plenty of empty spaces still available for any Thursday night grocery shopper.
And, no...
I don't dispute their legal right to leave me stranded outside the church by taking my car to a remote impound lot that is not accessible by public transportation. That's their right.
I reflected upon this right of theirs as the tow-truck-guy gave me (driving) directions to my car. And I humbly admit that Whole Foods is a power-greater-than-myself. Though, perhaps not greater than my purchasing power.
As for me and my shopping list, we will go the extra mile to Trader Joe's from this day forward.
Amen.
ps- mad thanks to Amelia, without whom I would still be walking down E.Goude Drive looking for a guy named Moe.
Unfortunate, really, because I like their produce.
But, you see, last night while I was attending a religious service for a holy day they towed my car.
In their defense, I was parked in a parking lot owned by Whole Foods.
(here comes the infamous "yeah, but still" argument)
Yeah, but still...
The church adjacent to that parking lot has been there decades longer than the Whole Foods. And it used to be a public parking lot. And it was after business hours. And there were plenty of empty spaces still available for any Thursday night grocery shopper.
And, no...
I don't dispute their legal right to leave me stranded outside the church by taking my car to a remote impound lot that is not accessible by public transportation. That's their right.
I reflected upon this right of theirs as the tow-truck-guy gave me (driving) directions to my car. And I humbly admit that Whole Foods is a power-greater-than-myself. Though, perhaps not greater than my purchasing power.
As for me and my shopping list, we will go the extra mile to Trader Joe's from this day forward.
Amen.
ps- mad thanks to Amelia, without whom I would still be walking down E.Goude Drive looking for a guy named Moe.

1 Comments:
It warms my heart to see that you and your life are still the same. :) This story made me laugh.
I'm really sorry that your car got towed though. That sucks. Wasn't such a good Friday. (I can't believe I made a pun.)
Post a Comment
<< Home