Luckiest Moron Ever
I've done a lot of stupid things in my day.
I'm not harkening back to some vauge past; I mean actually, literally THIS day I have done a lot of stupid things. The stupidest was leaving my toaster oven on all day at 500 degrees...in an unairconditioned apartment...with my coffee maker sitting on top of it. Fortunately, I am not writing this from the burnt-out ashes of a high-rise. I got lucky...damn lucky. Yes, my apartment was hot as hell, and yes my coffee maker melted and the electrical circuts shorted out, and the whole place smells dangerously toxic, but the building is still standing. And even though my inital reaction was to put the short-circuted coffemaker into the sink while it was STILL PLUGGED IN, I'm living to tell the tale.
I'm not harkening back to some vauge past; I mean actually, literally THIS day I have done a lot of stupid things. The stupidest was leaving my toaster oven on all day at 500 degrees...in an unairconditioned apartment...with my coffee maker sitting on top of it. Fortunately, I am not writing this from the burnt-out ashes of a high-rise. I got lucky...damn lucky. Yes, my apartment was hot as hell, and yes my coffee maker melted and the electrical circuts shorted out, and the whole place smells dangerously toxic, but the building is still standing. And even though my inital reaction was to put the short-circuted coffemaker into the sink while it was STILL PLUGGED IN, I'm living to tell the tale.

4 Comments:
That's crazy! I'm glad everything is ok. I've left the toaster oven on before, so don't feel too bad. ;)
I'm glad everything is okay! I'm still laughing though:)
i'm always paranoid i'm going to do something like that. usually its 'leave my curling iron plugged in and burn the house down'.
Hmmm... I think I could write a longgg novel about all the stupid things I have done. The fact of the matter is that I leave my oven ON more often than I turn it OFF. That is why I need a husband. He can go turn off ovens after me... or double-check that I reserve camp sites on the right day (has he been doing his job lately?)
Post a Comment
<< Home