A whole latte nothin'
I ordered a gigante.
This is equivalent to a venti (or a "large" to those of you who insist on the futile resistance to coffee-speak). It means 20 ounces of coffee.
It's a lot of coffee, or, at least it would be a lot of coffee, if you remember to say "no-foam"
Fail to add the qualifier and you could get stuck, as I did today, with 10 ounces of coffee and four inches of useless, caffine-free fluff.
I'm not opposed to foam in it's rightful place, but I really think if I'm paying for the gigante/venti/large, I should get my coffee. I think the default assumption on the part of the barista should be that I ordered an absurd amount of coffee because I want to drink it.
How is it that I end up with less coffee than if I had ordered the smallest available cup?
I know that there are serious problems in this world. I know that this is not one of them.
But I seriously had to stop and pull myself together (take a deep breath, focus on what really matters in life) to avoid letting this irritation take over and ruin my day. It's not important, but it takes up so much space!
This is equivalent to a venti (or a "large" to those of you who insist on the futile resistance to coffee-speak). It means 20 ounces of coffee.
It's a lot of coffee, or, at least it would be a lot of coffee, if you remember to say "no-foam"
Fail to add the qualifier and you could get stuck, as I did today, with 10 ounces of coffee and four inches of useless, caffine-free fluff.
I'm not opposed to foam in it's rightful place, but I really think if I'm paying for the gigante/venti/large, I should get my coffee. I think the default assumption on the part of the barista should be that I ordered an absurd amount of coffee because I want to drink it.
How is it that I end up with less coffee than if I had ordered the smallest available cup?
I know that there are serious problems in this world. I know that this is not one of them.
But I seriously had to stop and pull myself together (take a deep breath, focus on what really matters in life) to avoid letting this irritation take over and ruin my day. It's not important, but it takes up so much space!

3 Comments:
Ok wow, I remember you not drinking much coffee in college. You are obsessed woman! I didn't know foam was such a big deal.
And where is "gigante" that you speak of? I would feel like an ass if I ever said that as part of my order for coffee!
I feel your pain. I get upset if I have too much ice in my diet cokes.. I get upset if I don't have enough though either!
It's an especially good point when you are paying 5-6 bucks for one of these gigantes...
Post a Comment
<< Home