Un-Godly Hour
It comes as no big shock to anyone who knows me that morning is too early for me to wake up.
Still, I'm adjusting to the schedule little by little. The sisters are all up, dressed and in the chapel ready to greet the day by 6:10 when they begin their morning meditation. On a good day, I get there in time for prayer at 6:40.
Now, I could (theoretically) get to the chapel by 6:10, but let's be realistic. While I might be dressed, I won't have been up for more than 5 minutes. And instead of actually meditating for 30 minutes I will be spending 29 of those minutes trying to keep my head from nodding down as I drift back to sleep.
I expect that someday I, too, will be -if not chipper- at least awake before the sun. In the meantime, I'll consider it an act of charity to stay in bed so as not to disturb the others with my snoring in the pew.
Still, I'm adjusting to the schedule little by little. The sisters are all up, dressed and in the chapel ready to greet the day by 6:10 when they begin their morning meditation. On a good day, I get there in time for prayer at 6:40.
Now, I could (theoretically) get to the chapel by 6:10, but let's be realistic. While I might be dressed, I won't have been up for more than 5 minutes. And instead of actually meditating for 30 minutes I will be spending 29 of those minutes trying to keep my head from nodding down as I drift back to sleep.
I expect that someday I, too, will be -if not chipper- at least awake before the sun. In the meantime, I'll consider it an act of charity to stay in bed so as not to disturb the others with my snoring in the pew.

1 Comments:
Really, some day you will be up that early?
Post a Comment
<< Home