Trying Times
What do you suppose it means when I have the urge to lob my prayer book right through the stained glass window? Ah, the sound of pretense falling away. Like a Christo-centric version of the Real World, here's what happens when you put 9 nun-like ladies together "...and people stop being polite and start being real." Actually, everyone else is pretty much the same as they were first day I got here, but I'm a little different.
I get so frustrated with stupid things, like eating dinner at the same time every night or having to make small talk about my day (or someone else's day) and I feel like I just have to get the hell out...and then I witness something like what happened Saturday when one of the Sisters literally gave the shoes off her feet to one of the kids so he could play outside with the other kids, and I think, "how could I want to be anywhere else?"
I still want to be here, I just want to be better at it.
I get so frustrated with stupid things, like eating dinner at the same time every night or having to make small talk about my day (or someone else's day) and I feel like I just have to get the hell out...and then I witness something like what happened Saturday when one of the Sisters literally gave the shoes off her feet to one of the kids so he could play outside with the other kids, and I think, "how could I want to be anywhere else?"
I still want to be here, I just want to be better at it.

2 Comments:
All walks of life encounter this. Believe me, there have been times when I wonder how am I going to stay married for the rest of my life, but then Matt will pick me up through the hardest times of my life and I remember why I can't live without him.
I'm so proud of everything you're doing. Good luck!
I guess that's what family is all about. Sometimes its about loving them and being incredibly sick of them at the same time. (With the exception of you, of course, I could never be sick of you)
Post a Comment
<< Home