I have no response to that.
Normally, when I see someone stumble/trip/fall, I have the urge to burst out laughing...especially if it's my college roommate or other assorted friends with reputations for being clumsy. In my more mature moments, I have the urge to rush to the aid of the unfortunate soul who has just seriously injured himself (or his pride).
But sitting outside Starbucks this evening I watched a woman slip and fall right in front of me.
I didn't laugh.
I didn't help her.
I didn't think or feel anything.
I just watched her fall.
After a moment, I decided my response was insensitive and I asked her if she was ok. By then other onlookers had rushed to her aid (and she was totally fine).
But what does it mean?
But sitting outside Starbucks this evening I watched a woman slip and fall right in front of me.
I didn't laugh.
I didn't help her.
I didn't think or feel anything.
I just watched her fall.
After a moment, I decided my response was insensitive and I asked her if she was ok. By then other onlookers had rushed to her aid (and she was totally fine).
But what does it mean?

1 Comments:
You've become a horrible, cold, cynical person (jk). I really appreciate the "Joe vs. the Volcano" quote here. One of my all-time favorites Meg Ryan characters...
Post a Comment
<< Home