smurphy vanwinkle
It's official. There's nothing wrong with me.
After months of feeling sluggish and, (well, let's face it about 30 years of) excessive sleeping,
I finally went to the doctor to get checked out.
I feared it might be cancer;
I hoped it was a simple thyroid problem.
I learned I'm just lazy.
Dammit. Why can't there be some external explanation?
It seems like everyone gets to blame their problems, weaknesses and faults on someone or something else. I'm going to go with "it's the weather/food/stress" causing me to need 9-10 hours of sleep per night and that there is nothing I can do about it. This last part is crucial, because if there were something I could do about it, it would go back to being my fault. On further thought, let's stick with weather since food and stress could be linked back to my own will. I'd claim it was the magical dwarfs and the nine-pins, but the sisters might see through that one.
After months of feeling sluggish and, (well, let's face it about 30 years of) excessive sleeping,
I finally went to the doctor to get checked out.
I feared it might be cancer;
I hoped it was a simple thyroid problem.
I learned I'm just lazy.
Dammit. Why can't there be some external explanation?
It seems like everyone gets to blame their problems, weaknesses and faults on someone or something else. I'm going to go with "it's the weather/food/stress" causing me to need 9-10 hours of sleep per night and that there is nothing I can do about it. This last part is crucial, because if there were something I could do about it, it would go back to being my fault. On further thought, let's stick with weather since food and stress could be linked back to my own will. I'd claim it was the magical dwarfs and the nine-pins, but the sisters might see through that one.

3 Comments:
"Lazy" is not a word I would ever use to describe you! Needing a lot of sleep and being lazy are two different things!
Maybe you could blame it on the soothing effect of DOC blue.
You're not lazy. If it makes you feel any better, I've been needing 9 hours of sleep lately too.
And when it's January temperatures in April and rainy and tax season, I don't think you need any more excuse than that to feel sluggish! :)
I wouldn't call you lazy! I agree that needing alot of sleep and lazy aren't the same thing!
Post a Comment
<< Home