Please Keep Refridgerated
It's over 90 degrees outside.
The hottest day of the year so far.
Most of the people schlepping around the city are miserable.
I'm miserable too.
I'm a summer gal.
Love the warm weather-it feels like a great big hug when I step out into it.
If only I could step out into it.
On the hottest day of the year...I'm FREEZING!
Seriously, so cold I have goosebumps and my extremities are starting to turn blue.
If it were this cold outside, the heat would be turned up full blast.
I'm kicking myself for failing to bring a sweater.
And I'm kicking this country for being the kind of place where you have to think about sweaters when it's 90 degrees.
The hottest day of the year so far.
Most of the people schlepping around the city are miserable.
I'm miserable too.
I'm a summer gal.
Love the warm weather-it feels like a great big hug when I step out into it.
If only I could step out into it.
On the hottest day of the year...I'm FREEZING!
Seriously, so cold I have goosebumps and my extremities are starting to turn blue.
If it were this cold outside, the heat would be turned up full blast.
I'm kicking myself for failing to bring a sweater.
And I'm kicking this country for being the kind of place where you have to think about sweaters when it's 90 degrees.

2 Comments:
I'm with you!!! All winter we wait for warmer weather and the minute it gets over 70 degrees everyone shuts their windows and puts on their A/C. Sometimes at night A/C can be great for sleeping but I swear it is contributing to the breakdown of American neighborhoods... b/c everyone;s house is like a sealed little environment.. noone has windows or doors opened!! The other night I was staying at my parents and I was asking my mom about how to get fresh air. She said you can turn the A/C on, that brings in fresh air from the outside. Can I open a window and get fresh air? No.
UGGHHH...a HUGE pet peeve!! I'd rather be hot and whining about it then be in an artificially cold environment!!
Our office is like this too -- an icebox.
I really like the way you describe going outside in warm weather as "stepping out into a great big hug." Maybe you missed your calling as a writer?
Anyway, I have a theory that you like summer best (as do I) because we were both born in August. Laura, however, wears sweaters and long sleeves all the time because she was born in February. Think about it... makes sense, no?
Post a Comment
<< Home