Monday, July 03, 2006

that's the skinny

The other night I was out with someone I hadn't seen in a while. Throughout the evening we talked about different areas of life and he shared about having a hard time making his rent due to recently switching jobs. On the way home we met up with a homeless guy he had met before. We got caught up in conversation about the homeless guy's "coin collection" (which turned out to be a bunch of highly polished pennies). I was a bit surprised when he whipped out the coin collector's book, magnifying glass, and pennies, but clearly my companion had seen this before. As we prepared to go, I noticed him slip some cash to the man as he said, "take care of yourself, Skinny!"

I often give out of my excess, but I was both humbled by and proud to know the person who could give to others despite his own struggles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home