Never Knew I Had It To Begin With...
I took a group of young teen mothers on a tour of my alma mater.
The goal was to give them exposure to a college campus, spark discussion about applying to college and raise questions about what they might need to look for in a school.
The tour was going ok...I couldn't tell if the teens were all that interested, but they chugged along and I took a little stroll down memory lane. At our last stop, the library. One of the girls asked me when I had graduated.
"I graduated almost 10 years ago." I responded.
"Wow" she said. There was a slight pause and I realized how old I must seem to a 16 year old. "Well, Ms. Murphy" she continued, "I thought you graduated last year.
I guess you've still got it."
The goal was to give them exposure to a college campus, spark discussion about applying to college and raise questions about what they might need to look for in a school.
The tour was going ok...I couldn't tell if the teens were all that interested, but they chugged along and I took a little stroll down memory lane. At our last stop, the library. One of the girls asked me when I had graduated.
"I graduated almost 10 years ago." I responded.
"Wow" she said. There was a slight pause and I realized how old I must seem to a 16 year old. "Well, Ms. Murphy" she continued, "I thought you graduated last year.
I guess you've still got it."

3 Comments:
Nice!
I can't believe it will ten years next May!
10 years... hard to believe! You got sumthin alright!:)
That's awesome. You don't hear that every day!
Post a Comment
<< Home