Sunday, June 29, 2008

Spare Ribs

One of my favorite regulars is Kenneth.
He's a homeless guy who is always ready to share whatever he's learned that day (mostly in a alcohol-tinted-stream-of-consciousness manner);
"learn something new everyday...at least one thing...hey, did you know..." is usually how it starts. So I didn't pay to much attention as he started ratteling off various facts about the Bible, his ex-wives, and what he learned about the origins of the local hospital until I caught this little gem: "hey, did you know that woman was created from the rib of Adam; I've had so many wives I don't keep track of their names; I just call all women spare ribs, heehee," and he shoots me a devilish grin as he says, "I LOVE spare ribs!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

That is great.

8:27 AM  
Blogger florence said...

that's hilarious!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love that... I may start using it.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

That is a gem!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home