Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Label Me Happy

It is a well established fact that I am a hopeless office-supplies addict.

When I walk past the index cards, I have to look away so I won't be tempted to add to my stash of cards and card holders which---despite using them constantly--is threatening to overtake my small room at the convent. And I nearly passed out with excitement when I saw the color-coded file lable system at Staples today...I managed to avoid buying the whole thing [due more to my budget than to my self-control]. But I finally caved and bought the electronic lable-maker I've had my eye on for the past six months.

I am literally GIDDY! Serious, I can't stop smiling. I've printed lables for my assigned reading, for my taxes, and don't get me started on my plans for the office tomorrow! This new ministry site is just establishing itself and has no standard record-keeping system. YAY! It's like Christmas all over again.

I know, I know. I am a dork. What's really scary? I'm not even the geekiest person I know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Greenfield said...

Umm ok, in my process of trying to get more organized, you just made me want that label maker.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Amelia said...

Count me one of your dorkier friends then. I too love the art of organization and covet (oh no!) your wonderful sounding label maker.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Label markers I can do without... your sharpie collecetion on the other hand...

6:46 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:41 PM  
Blogger SuperGeekKnowItAll said...

I bought a label maker several months ago and I felt just as Giddy. Everything looks so much more "official" with that printed label maker. Remember those hand punch ones we had as a kid with the tape? You'd spin the wheel to the right letter and squeeze?

Heidi - Label maker is totally worth the investment.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home