The Struggle Against Addiction
I'm in day 2 of an 8 day silent retreat.
I had high hopes of spiritual enlightenment or insight.
But then I realized I had cable TV in my room. Whose brilliant idea was this? Clearly, someone who doesn't struggle with an addiction to television!
In a battle between vocation discernment and old reruns of 13 Going on 30 I have to admit that the voice of God is slightly less inviting than the voices of Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo.
I had high hopes of spiritual enlightenment or insight.
But then I realized I had cable TV in my room. Whose brilliant idea was this? Clearly, someone who doesn't struggle with an addiction to television!
In a battle between vocation discernment and old reruns of 13 Going on 30 I have to admit that the voice of God is slightly less inviting than the voices of Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo.

5 Comments:
You should have called me back before you started your silent retreat! Now I've gotta wait at least six more days to yak and catch up with you :) hehe
Hope you find the voice of Jack Tripper!
The question is, what is God trying to say to you through Jennifer Gardner?
I'd fold in a second if I found myself faced with spending some time with Mark Ruffalo.
13 going on 30 was hilarious. surprisingly!
Post a Comment
<< Home