The International Language of AWESOME!
Though tainted with realities of the serious troubles of human rights violations and political oppression, the opening ceremony was still spectacular. Highlighting the best of China, in a world that so often is focused on the worst of it. It was good to be reminded of the rich history and culture that has developed over centuries. It was good to be reminded of the people who live and work there, who love their country despite its problems. It was good to be reminded that the Olympic Games are intended to "contribute to building a peaceful and better world by educating youth through sport practised without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." (Olympic Charter)

2 Comments:
Did you see the opening ceremonies?? That drum show was incredible!
I'm loving these Olympics. I just wish I could stay up until 1 am!
Post a Comment
<< Home