get over it and win?
i was listening to talk radio, as i sometimes do, when i was completely caught off guard by the "reporter" (?) who was offering political commentary. i suppose the wide variety of GOP nominee hopefuls has been much talked about in Republican circles...i don't know, and don't really care, but the guy on the radio was offering this recommendation..."Republicans just have to get over it and vote for the candidate who can win." it could be good advice, except the "it" he was referring to was their moral and/or philosophical principle. hmmmm. by that logic people should just join whatever party they expect to win regardless of their political beliefs. hmmmmm. democracy? or demockery?

3 Comments:
I think it is exactly that attitude that has hurt the Republican party so much. By the time the general election comes around you are left with pure politicians with no moral grounding or sound ideology.
Yeah, but I hear that same sentiment from one or the other side every single election (i.e. the dems in the last election). I agree, it is lame, but I don't think it is unique to either side.
I agree with Lisa. It's the same with the Democrats. I hate politics.
Post a Comment
<< Home