train of thought living (or "How I ended up at Chick-fil-A)
My plan was to head downtown to enjoy the beautiful weather and do some reading on the National Mall. Before I left for the day, I decided to get some breakfast. As I dropped my plastic ceral dish in the recycle bin I realized it was time to take the recycles out to the library. I was thinking this out loud, when one of the sisters reminded me that the new computer still needed to be set up-- a not-so-subtle hint that I should set it up before leaving. An hour or so later, I was finally free to go. By now it was really too late to go downtown, especially since I had to stop at the library. Still, it was worth it to get out of the house for a while. I went to grab some training materials that I wanted to review, but the CEU certificate was still shoved in the book. I had to put that away, which meant pulling out my CEU binder, which had to be updated. I inserted the clearance forms and CEU certificates that had been shoved along side it, and figured while I was at it, I might as well put my current license in as well. I got the license from the lock box, pulled off the wallet size copy, and inserted the current license (yay, long-overdue-project completed). Then I had to put my wallet copy in my wallet. Remebering that that last one got smudged because I didn't put it in a secure place, I wanted to be more careful this time. Since I was going through my wallet anyway, I might as well throw out the old movie ticket stubs and reciepts pilling up in there. Since I was doing that I might as well clean out my purse all together. This entailed serious decisions like "should I keep AuntieAnne's frequent pretzel-buyer card [yes] and what about the Karibu Coffe gift card with just 12 cents left? [no]" And some fun reminicing "oh, yeah, I got this 'free chicken sandwich card' at the HP7 release party." Finally organized, I was on my way. (yay, long-overdue-project#2 completed). With the contents of my purse fresh on my mind, and my afternoon quickly fading away, I dropped off the recycles, and walked up to Chick-fil-A to eat a sandwich and read my training materials.

4 Comments:
I absolutely LOVE this entry. Welcome to my world!
This is how I get a lot of stuff done... only, in my case, I'm usually doing all the random projects as a way to put off the things I really should be doing (cleaning out wallet rather than cleaning apartment, checking e-mail rather than writing a story at work
P.S. How come hints about cleaning the bathroom in college never worked? Is it cuz I don't have God's backing like the sisters? :)
(hope you don't get mad I wrote this, but I couldn't resist)
I might have run into you at the Mall if you went! We had a sporadic trip to the Natural History Museum this weekend.
Jen your entry made me laugh!
My life is like this every day. I think I have my whole day planned out, and then I end up doing all these other little things that take up so much time.
of course a great day ends with a chicken sandwhich from chik-fil-a!
Post a Comment
<< Home