Sunday, January 06, 2008

Postulatum

Although I've been working up to this moment for a long time, there is still something different about taking the first "official" step in this vocation journey.
Today, I am a postulant.
Last night I cried when I realized I missed my family dinner.
It's not that I was so sad about that particular event, but it was the first
time I realized what it will feel like to miss out on all those family events.

Of course I'll see my family again...I'm only 40 minutes away...but, still...
it's different.

On the other hand, I grinned from ear to ear as I was welcomed to my new house with the Daughters of Charity.

3 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine said...

Yay! Congratulations! Good luck on your new journey.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Good Luck! I have to admit that I am a little sad... I feel like you have officially left:( But I know nothing is really THAT different!!

5:39 PM  
Blogger florence said...

we missed you...but i'm happy for you that you are on the next stage of your journey. i can't wait to hear about it.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home